27.2.12

227

Monday
The inadequacy of the Israeli education system / is a cause close to my heart. / It is in fact / almost an obsession. / I volunteered for 10 years / at my children's elementary school / teaching various subjects / art / culture / story time / the way I think they aught to be taught. / It's so simple / and yet the system manages to depress and kill / curiosity / imagination / and creativity / focusing only on academic achievement. / I never miss an opportunity / to watch a documentary on this subject. / Today / Neta and I watched / "Education in Finland is the Best" / I was so envious!! / It said exactly what I've been saying all these years. / At least my son is in a school where curiosity is encouraged / as are democracy / equality / and love of humanity. /

5 comments:

  1. I saw this documentary too. It is really amazing. The irony of it is that the Danish education system is based on research that a Danish professor did on kibbutz education in Israel the 60s. Kibbutz education no longer exist in that format, so now we look to Denmark to relearn what we already had....

    ReplyDelete
  2. אחותי ,כמה פילוסופיה, אני נכנסת בשביל העיצוב ומקבלת הרצאה
    הולכת לישון,התשת אותי:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not Denmark Julie, Finland.
    טליה אני מסכימה איתך שזה הפך לעיסוק אובססיבי. אני שמחה שלפחות פרק אחד של המעורבות שלך עם המערכת הסתיים, ושהפרק השני מעורר פחות דאגה, חוץ מזה הוא קצת רחוק ויותר קשה להגיע אליו.

    ReplyDelete
  4. אכן יש לנו הרבה מה לשפר,ללמד וליישם לא רק מדנמרק ופינלנד - גם מעוד הרבה ארצות!!! תודה לאל שזה כבר מאחורי

    ReplyDelete